Resetting oFono Settings
It may be that it is not possible to turn mobile data on by tapping the top most item in Settings > Mobile networks. The following tricks may be of help.
Before that, try using the oFono Logger approach.
- Swipe to the Events view
- Tap on “Connect to Internet”
- Tap on the SIM icon (having the name of your mobile operator under it). If we are lucky, this would turn the light above mobile data icon on.
- Turn Flight Mode ON in Settings. Wait for a couple of minutes.
- Turn Flight Mode OFF.
- Try to turn mobile internet ON in Settings > Mobile networks.
Let’s use the developer mode - this help article explains how to enable and disable the Developer mode. Developer mode makes access deeper to Sailfish OS possible by allowing you to get the super-user rights (“root” rights). Also it installs the Terminal app to the device.
- Enable developer mode (if not enabled)
- Open Terminal app
- Give the following commands to reset your SIM-related settings (be sure to type the lines above exactly as they are):
devel-su systemctl stop ofono rm -rf /var/lib/ofono/* reboot
The last command makes your phone restart. Try enabling the mobile internet now.