Setting up a Sailfish Phone part 2
This document is an continued tutorial for Sailfish OS setup, the first part of the setup is described in this separate document. Precondition is that the steps of the first tutorial are completed. After the steps described below the the device is fully set up. Sony Xperia 10 III is used as an example but the same guidelines are good for all phones we have ported Sailfish OS to.
If you want to learn more about Jolla Store, we have a separate document about Jolla Store.
Open the Jolla Store app on the phone and install some of these applications from “Top apps” section:
- File Browser
- Sailfish Utilities
- OSM Scout
- GPS info
- Positioning Western Europe
- Display timeout (Settings > Display >)
- Autolock timeout (Settings > Device lock > Automatic locking)
- Location service (Settings > Location > Enable)
- Bluetooth (Settings > Bluetooth > Enable)
- Top menu (Settings > Top Menu)
- SIM cards (Settings > SIM cards) - select the active SIM card(s), and the SIM card to be used for outgoing calls and messages
- Mobile network (Settings > Mobile network > Use SIM card) - select the card to be used for mobile data
- Text input
- Google, adding the Google account to your device is described in this separate document about Google account
- Nextcloud (Settings > Accounts > Add account > Nextcloud)
The Sailfish OS operating system of Jolla supports Android apps that are featured in the Jolla Store and in Jolla-certified app partner stores. More information can be found from here. Note that Settings > Untrusted software needs to be enabled in order to install these.
- APKPure, more information and how to install APKPure can be found from this separate document about APKPure
- Aurora Store
Install some popular Android apps, for example:
- Opera Mini