Setting up a Sailfish Phone
This document is an tutorial for Sailfish OS setup. Precondition is that the SFOS device is flashed. After the steps described below the the device is set up. Further information how to install Sailfish and Android applications, adjust useful settings and sign in to your accounts can be found from the tutorial part 2 document. Sony Xperia 10 III is used as an example but the same guidelines are good for all phones we have ported Sailfish OS to.
Register your Jolla account
- Browse to this address with your computer.
- Fill in the required information. The email address will be needed if there is a need to reset the password in the future. Also, you will get a confirmation about the account over the email.
Purchase the Sailfish OS licence
- Sailfish OS licence can be purchased from Jolla Shop
- Sign in using your Jolla Account registered above.
- If you have a voucher use that for the purchase.
Switch the device on for the first time and run the Startup Wizard
Before the Startup Wizard starts, the phone will show a reminder about the unlocked bootloader (please ignore), the Sony logo and the Sailfish logo.
- Select language
- Enter new security code
- Turn on WLAN and connect
- Select date and time
- Sign in as an existing user (“I have a Jolla account”) to your Jolla account registered above. We have a separate document about Jolla Account.
- Skip over the fingerprint registration at this point (it can be done later)
- Select the apps you want to be installed
- Select Android support/Apps
- Go through the basics of the Sailfish OS or skip the tutorial with “x”